Painting garden pots is fun, and a great way to get designer-looking pot plants without the hefty price tag.
- The time taken will depend on how many pots you want to paint and the complexity of the design
- Allow at least 2 hours between coats.
Here's what you're going to need:
- Taubmans® Sunproof Exterior in your chosen colour
- Taubmans® 3 in 1 Prep Primer Sealer Undercoat
- Soapy water
- Sand paper
- Medium paint brush
- Small angle paint brush
- Masking tape
- Choose a colour scheme for your pots. Browse colour charts for ideas on colour combinations that match your décor.
- Use the sand paper to sand off any peeling paint, then wash down the pot with soapy water removing any dirt or grime.
- Prep the pot with Taubmans® 3 in 1 Prep Primer Sealer Undercoat. If you are using the pot for plants that will be watered, ensure the inside of the pot is sealed adequately.
- Use your brush to apply an even coat of Taubmans® Sunproof Exterior paint to the pot’s surface. Let it dry for at least 2 hours before applying the second coat.
- If you want to add a colour swatch flourish, create a ring or your pattern of choice with masking tape.
- Apply two coats of your bright colour and remove the masking tape while it’s still wet. Let the paint dry for at least two hours.