Transform your space, not your budget
Welcome to our ultimate guide on transforming your kitchen into a stunning space without the need to demolish and start again. If you're looking to breathe new life into your kitchen, painting is a cost-effective and quick solution. With a fresh coat of paint, you can revitalise your cabinetry, walls, and ceilings, giving your kitchen a whole new look and feel.
In this guide, we’ll take you through a step-by-step process to refresh the look of your kitchen, providing you with expert tips and techniques to achieve professional results. So, say goodbye to outdated colours and embrace a kitchen that reflects your personal style. Let’s dive into the world of kitchen painting and unlock the potential of your culinary haven.
BEFORE YOU START: Protect any areas you don’t want to paint by covering them with masking tape, newspaper, or drop sheets.
CHOOSE YOUR COLOUR: You can choose your colour from the Taubmans colour wall in-store or create your own unique colour using the Coloursmith® app.
Start Your Cabinetry:
- Remove all laminate doors and drawers and set them aside on a horizontal surface ready for painting.
- Clean the laminate surfaces using the White Knight Tile & Laminate cleaner and sponge/scourer, rinse with water and lightly sand with 240# grit Wet & Dry sandpaper.
- Let dry and dust off. Stir the White Knight Tile & Laminate Primer thoroughly. Apply one coat using a microfibre roller and quality brush. Ensure the primer is evenly coated over all surfaces.
- Stir the White Knight Tile & Laminate Paint thoroughly. Apply one coat using a microfibre roller and quality brush. Ensure the paint is evenly coated over all surfaces. Leave to dry for six hours.
- Before applying the second coat, lightly sand the surface with 600# Wet & Dry sandpaper and wipe it down to remove dust. Stir the paint thoroughly and apply in the same manner as the first coat. Allow eight hours to dry.
Painting the Ceiling and Wall
- Apply Taubmans 3 in 1 PREP to bare, repaired, patched, varnished or gloss painted surfaces you wish to paint. Following the can directions.
- Stir Taubmans Ceiling Paint thoroughly before painting. Start application of the ceiling by painting the cornice (Plaster piece between the wall and ceiling) and a band of ceiling up to 70mm in from the cornice with a quality brush.
- Use a (12mm-16mm) roller for the rest of the area. Apply the paint in sections making sure that paint doesn’t dry before the application is completed. Wait two hours before applying a second coat.
- Stir the Endure Wall Paint thoroughly before use. Cut in all edges of the walls with a quality brush up to a 70mm width.
- Roll the rest of the walls using a quality (10-12mm) roller, starting halfway up the wall and then rolling towards the ceiling and then down towards the skirting. Start at one side of the wall and work your way across.
- Back roll each section to remove any roller marks, by rolling over the freshly applied paint using a light pressure to smooth out the paint.
- Wait two hours before applying the second coat.
Wrapping Up the Project:
- Once all surfaces are thoroughly dry, reinstall the doors and drawers.
- The cabinetry will take seven days to reach full hardness so be careful not to scratch or damage the surface in that time.
FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE REFER TO THE BACK OF PRODUCT PACKAGING.