Turn your run-down, wooden furniture into a refreshing work of art that enhances your decor.
- The time taken will depend on the size of the furniture
- Allow at least 2 hours between coats.
Here's what you're going to need:
- Taubmans Endure Doors and Trims in your chosen colour
- Taubmans® 3 in 1 Prep Primer Sealer Undercoat
- Sand paper
- Medium paint brush
- Masking tape
- Mini short nap or mohair paint roller
- Paint tray
- Drop cloth
- Soft brush for applying varnish (if needed)
- Choose a colour scheme for your furniture. Browse our colour charts for ideas on colour combinations that match your décor.
- Remove any handles, knobs or hardware.
- Sand down the furniture with sandpaper – if you remove the smooth sheen, it will allow the new paint to adhere fully.
- Wipe down all surfaces with a damp sponge to remove any residue and offer a clean surface for fresh paint.
- Apply Taubmans® 3 in 1 Prep Primer Sealer Undercoat to the furniture and allow to dry for 2 hours.
- Use a brush or thin nap microfiber roller suitable for the sheen level you are using. Apply an even coat of Taubmans Endure Doors and Trims paint to the furniture’s surface. Let it dry for 2 hours before applying the second coat.
- Apply the second coat until you’re satisfied with the coverage and allow to dry completely.
- Replace handles and knobs.